Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
3. Will your monitoring activity consume my website/server bandwidth noticeably?
Our monitoring activity does not consume a lot of bandwidth because our system uses HEAD method to retrieve headers only (for website and server HTTP test). Suppose each request+response consume 500 bytes, the bandwidth consumed according to the monitoring interval is:
- 1 minute interval - 20MB per month
- 2 minute interval - 10MB per month
- 3 minute interval - 6.87MB per month
- 5 minute interval - 4.12MB per month
- 10 minute interval - 2.06MB per month
- 15 minute interval - 1.37MB per month
- 30 minute interval - 0.69MB per month
- 60 minute interval - 0.34MB per month
Most hosting plans allocate much more bandwidth than these, so the impact of monitoring on your bandwidth is negligible.